Thursday, October 2, 2008

la moustache


This is what happens when you put two weirdo artist types together in the same room with an idea... BRILLIANCE!

Since I started posting my self portraits over at wardrobe remix my friend has been telling me that she's been so inspired to "copy me" and start photographing herself in various themed outfits. I didn't invent the self portrait, and I am a huge fan of staged photography so I was all for it! As long as I got to see the finished result... she wouldn't let me see them. Boooooo!

Fortunately for everyone we agreed upon a collaboration of fake couple's portraits! She bought this amazing fake moustache made of real human hair! I was having a very hard time keeping a straight face during our first installment of "la moustache". Being totally unplanned yet somehow costume ready, I think that some of the photos turned out magnificently! I'm going to need a bit of time to get used to looking at her in a surprisingly authentic looking handle bar moustache! But there will be plenty of time for that as we explore all the different possibilities of couplings!