Thursday, May 21, 2009

always and for never

So with the last post out of the way, let's get on with the task at hand. I'm feeling pretty rusty, so I'm going to kick things off with a meme... one that I was almost tagged by Anabela to do. Almost. The always & nevers meme that was created by Lauren of Dear Golden Vintage.

I think that this is a very difficult meme to start with! I'm not really sure that I have too many "always's" and "never say never", right? I was once described as being "consistently inconsistent", so I guess I'll have to generalize a bit. Maybe expand on some unspoken rules? Let's see what happens!

always x five:

Everyone seems to be starting with hair for this section. I'm not too precious about my hair. I hack at it constantly. I've had every hair colour imaginable (including blue). It's been curly and straight. It's been as long as mid-back and as short as one inch. I've been keeping it pretty natural for a while and just growing it out. I am completely sick of it! Don't be surprised if the next time you see me, I'm a blond!


1. SO, that said, let's talk other hair. Eyebrow hair! I always have skinny, drawn on eyebrows! 1920s flapper style. It started back in highschool most likely after watching some mobster movie... Mobsters maybe? hahaha

2. Vintage. Obviously. I've been a huge fan of anachronistic dressing since dress-up time in grandma's closet! I love old clothes, but I'm not a purist. I could never just stick to one era of dressing. I love playing with fashion!

3. Chuck Taylor + April 4ever! Me and Chuck have been together since 1987! I currently have four pairs in my closet and only one pair has not been worn right through the sole... and that's just because they're two months old. Give them time. They will be destroyed!

4. Giant sunglasses that cover half my face! I have a huge collection of sunglasses, but I really only ever wear one pair. I got them when I was 16 and I wear them almost every day.

5. Cardigans. I love 'em! I have many. I even have one that's been in rotation since 1993! My mum HATES it!

nevers x five

There's not too much out there that I just will never do. There's a time and a place for everything, but there are a few things that I just cannot embrace...


1. Sweatshirts, hoodies, yoga pants, and sweatpants. Basically anything that you would wear to work out. I am NOT sporty. I think that these items are pajamas. Socially acceptable pajamas: Just add Uggs. Damn you, society and your lacksidasical dress codes! I don't want to look at your muffin tops!

2. Midriff bearing tops! Yuck! Nobody wants to see my muffin tops! My white, fleshy, muffin tops...

3. Chaps. No sir, I don't like them.

4. Stiletto heels. I would also need a wheelchair for this fashion item. I can't stand in those things.

5. Flip flops. At the other end of the footwear spectrum, I can't do these either... they hurt my tender tootsies just thinking about them!