Saturday, February 14, 2009

hallelujah

I just wanted to thank everyone for sending those positive vibes my way. I still get all vechlempt when I think about grandma, who's husband (and best friend) of nearly 70 years is no longer here to dance or joke around with, but I know that she's got the support of her nine children and their families... so she'll be okay. And I'm feeling much better today! I still have a bit of a fever... but I don't feel like the room is spinning anymore, and instead of feeling like there's a semi truck parked on top of me; I just feel like I've been in a hit and run! Hooray! The worst is over. It's only uphill from here!

Which leads us to what we all expect from my blog (enough of this emotion already): internets shopping to make us forget our woes! Otherwise known as, retail therapy!

This is what I bought:


It's "The Black Curtain Brooch" from Etsy seller ATHD. I love just about everything in their shop, but this was the only thing I could afford. Lucky for me it is so perfect and gorgeous! A perfect mix of modern and antiquity. And it's black and brass... we all know I loves me some black and brass!

Here's a couple of their other covetable pieces:


If I were a rockstar and had the cash, I would totally risk the splinters and possible tetanus that the 310 to Yuma (did anyone see the remake of this movie with Russel Crowe and Christian Bale? if you didn't: avoid it) necklace might inflict. It's so amazing! If there's one thing I love as much as black and brass; it's old wood and patina!


And then there's THIS! Which looks like the entire contents of grandma's jewelry box arranged ever so precisely in one piece! Just beautiful!


And THIS! Oh my! Enamel loveliness!


This last piece is my favourite (I think). It's hard to choose a favourite from all this gorgeousness, but I do love enamel chain and that maze of brass connector rings is just so gorgeous!