Friday, November 7, 2008

boogie woogie bugle boy of company b


After a week of sleepily working and working and more working, all while looking, shall we say, less than glamorous... it felt good to treat myself to a quick jaunt to the thrift store and post office to pick up some inspiration for wardrobe remix! I had ordered this lovely 1960s pill box hat from TheLovelys on etsy and it finally arrived today... or yesterday I guess (since I had to pick it up at the post office). I knew I was going to want to put it on as soon as I got home! On the way to the post office I stopped in not one, but two thrift stores to do a wee bit of browsing. I picked up some fabric scraps at one and at the other I found this lovely pleated wool skirt! I believe that a lady can never have too many pleated wool skirts in her closet... or at least that's what I tell people to dilute the shame of an overstuffed closet! I'm basically just coming up with catchy philosophies to justify my horrendous spending habits! You understand. I know you do.