Thursday, March 29, 2012


zander olsen .  cadair, oak 2010

egon schiele .  autumn sun 1912

zander olsen .  untitled (cader) 2008

egon schiele .  four trees 1917

zander olsen .  beeches 2004

gustav klimt .  farmhouse with birch trees 1903

zander olsen .  jhutti 2004

gustav klimt .  beech grove 1902

recently i came across the installation and photographic work of zander olsen. i'm not sure as to which internet rabbit hole i ventured down, but the important thing is knowing that this guy is out there, wrapping trees in fabric and aligning it with the horizon.

as with everything in life, i feel the need to conjure the ghosts of art history past. as we are all aware, my most favourite time in all of history is the arts and crafts era; so i've thrown in some klimt and schiele for you to admire. these guys are most known for their figurative work, but they did some pretty amazing landscapes as well.


tamerajane said...

Holy god I love this so much.

april said...

I think my heart actually leapt for joy when I saw those wrapped trees. At first glance I thought it was just photo manipulation, but when I found out it was installation, I really freaked out!

cibo matto said...

wow! this is amazing! i especially love that first one!

april said...

That one is my favourite too! It just seems like such an intense undertaking. I can just see him wrapping and stepping back and re-wrapping and stepping back all day long!