Saturday, November 7, 2009

can't see the forest for the trees


Hi guys.
Yeah. So, it's been nearly a month with absolutely no activity here on the old blogstead, and over several months with just a smattering of random posts here and there. I feel as if I owe someone an explanation for the absence. But then again, I don't, all at the same time. I'm not going to lie to you. I've been bummed. For reals. And for no good reason, either, other than it seems that for every step forward, I'm taking one step back. I'm stuck! So now I'm just finding it hard to get excited about anything, but I'm trying. I think it's working. Maybe I just need to take baby steps?

The bunny grahams are helping.

First things first. The blog! I've been thinking about it, and I know that I function better when I have some sort of routine or structure; and I've been allowed to roam free for far too long! I need to whip myself into shape again. I'm going to implement a loose structure for the blog based on this little fortune-telling ditty. I've worked it out in my head, and I think it will get me blogging a wee bit more (I'll explain further later). I'm not promising every day here people... I'm rusty! Hopefully I can get this old blog going again because it reminds me of what's good in my little world.

Speaking of good things:


I ordered mini business cards from moo and they are just amazing! I thought I was being totally narcissistic by using photos of myself, so I tried to even out the pack with some jewelry and landscape photos, but everyone that sees them wants the ones with the photos of me. I guess the next order will be all photos of me. ;P


I also ordered woven clothing labels from namemaker. These turned out just so great! Unfortunately, they ended up costing me a fortune due to some customs charges, but I doubt I'll need to order these again in the near future, so I'm okay with that.


Here they are all sewn in and ready to go! I'm working on getting together a nice big shop update that will include some new reconstructed sweaters and a ton of vintage. I have stock piled so many wool skirts you guys!


I also have a new employee. I found her hanging out in the alley behind my work-job a few weeks ago and I asked her if she wanted to come home with me. She agreed, but she is not quite fit for her public debut just yet. She's a little rough around the edges, but after a new muslin is constructed, she will be as good as new and ready to work!

Okay. Baby steps.
I've missed you guys!