Saturday, October 10, 2009

i would drape myself in velvet if it were socially acceptable

So I've been battling this lingering head cold for two weeks now. I was sick for the entire cruise, but I think that just made me get used to dressing up while feeling blah. There's no time for bed-sick when you're supposed to be having a good time... so I faked it. I've been faking it since I got home. Well, I guess I'm technically not that sick anymore...

These are a couple of cozy, layered, autumny outfits from this week (when I was still faking it):


brown velvet blazer: I procured it from my auntie's closet way back in the early 90s
faux ivory horse brooch: dress sew
brown silk slouchy kimono jacket: thrifted
grey and gold tent dress: bedo
black full slip: thrifted
camel tights: sockdreams
granny oxfords: etsy


fur collar: thrifted (tied with grosgrain ribbon)
navy blue velvet blazer: thrifted
navy windowpane plaid shirt: thrifted
jeans: cheap monday (borrowed from shane)
granny oxfords: etsy