Wednesday, July 8, 2009

snip snip

I got mah hurr did!

Two weeks ago I went in to see Eric with a few ideas about how I either wanted to bleach my hair to look like my fake kid sister, or cut it into something that hinted at the 90s with a bit of an undercut (Eric and I had matching undercuts in high school- how cute!) but I wanted to keep one side really full and long so I could still join the circus. There was some trepidation about whether or not the bleach would make my hair orange, so we went for the cut and foils instead. It went white-blonde, but we had also put black foils in some spots so my plans of being a suicide blonde were in fact... foiled! At the half way mark we discussed layering the long side and before I could argue: chop, chop, off it came.



(bad photobooth photos with mess cropped out: taken the day of the haircut)

Eric is a master of the razor cut, but I wasn't exactly thrilled with how it turned out because I was wanting to keep it full and long so I could still play around with girly pin curls and stuff. The layers sort of hinder that kind of thing. I tried doing pin curls and I looked like I had a porcupine stuck to the side of my head. Srsly. Not pretty.

So after a few days I hacked another three inches or so off the long side. It was still an awkward length for me, but I lived with it for a few more days...



(bad photobooth photos with mess cropped out: taken mere moments ago)

This morning, I cut some more length off, and it looks so much better. It was kind of difficult cutting the back, but I'm PRO, so, it turned out pretty alright, if I do say so myself. I imagine I'll probably keep cutting it shorter and shorter until I have a pixie cut just in time for fall. I may get Eric to help me out with that one though... I'm not sure I'm that pro.