Monday, June 1, 2009

survey says


Yippie! I was tagged by both Chad and Anabela to do this little getting to know you questionnaire! I love surveys! It's the only thing I miss about myspace! So without further ado, I give you the answers:

What is your current obsession?
I suppose that my current obsession is my creative block that I seem to currently be experiencing! It's driving me nuts! I'm obsessing over the stupidest little things... things that haven't even happened. I'm turning into a psychic-hypochondriac (my mental state is suffering)!
Also, marzipan! I love that stuff! I'm eating some right now!

What is your weirdest obsession?
I assume that this question has something to do with OCD behavioral traits. So, in that case; if I get on a nearly empty bus I have to sit on the side that has less people sitting on it. If I feel that the patrons of public transit are setting the bus off balance I get really uncomfortable and imagine the bus flipping over!
See? Weird.

What do you see outside your window?
The old Bank of Montreal building that has since been turned into a bath store with giant posters of bathtubs covering the windows, two abandoned shop fronts covered in gig posters, a smoke shop, a hair salon/watch repair shop (I don't get it either), a record/home decor shop, an Italian/Greek restaurant (it seems I live across the street from many businesses suffering from identity issues), a bus stop, a bus, a bunch of cars and trucks and vans, some nearly dead trees and some scruffy looking grass hanging on for dear life... it's an ugly scene people!


What is your favourite colour?
This question is so hard for me! I love all colours... except purple, but even I can't say no to purple if it's just the right purple. Right now I'm really into neon red. I think about it every day. I'm debating painting my dresser a nice glossy neon red! I need to mull it over a bit longer and then try and find out if they even make such a paint.

What is your weakness?
I have many vices, and apparently I'm pretty weak: cupcakes! afternoon cocktails! boys in tight pants and a bow tie! ice cream (pretty much any flavour)! sour candy! fancy dresses (although I never wear the really fancy ones)! fancy shoes! I'm sure there's more... I should spare you the details, lest you build a trap of an afternoon candy/cocktail party where there's lots of boys in tight pants and fancy dress running around! I'd be a goner for sure!


What animal would you be?
If we're talking manifestation of personal traits; I would most likely be a squirrel or chipmunk. I get nervous around people and scurry off to my hole where I store my nuts!
If we're talking what animal I would like to be; it would be a house cat. That is the life!

What would you like to learn how to do?
Play the piano.

What do you want to never happen in life?
The apocalypse.

What is on your bedside table?
The lamp that I got from Anabela, The old clock/radio that I stole from my ex (I put a kitten sticker on it, therefore making it mine), a half drank glass of water, and Burt's bees lip balm.

What's the last thing you bought?
Yesterday evening I bought a bottle of apple juice, a bottle of sparkling water and a chocolate covered marzipan bar. Party time!

What do you think about the person that tagged you?
Obviously I love them both! Anabela is the best internets friend a girl could have (For reals! Can I come live in your spare room Anabela? We can sew all day and have fancy dress tea parties!) and Chad is just the bees knees! I love how all encompassing his creativity is; he does it all, from drawing and sewing to making music! I would love to get together with these two and gossip about boys in tight pants and bow ties whilst feasting on cupcakes and afternoon cocktails! Also, they're both librarians! Sexy!


What was your favourite children's book?
This is a really hard question! I was an avid reader as a child (now not so much... I don't know why) I remember reading Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass, and Heidi, and The Wind in the Willows over and over again! I still own several copies of each.
There were two other smaller books that I still think of to this day, and I should track them down. One was called Mouse Tales and was a collection of short stories, but I can only really remember one. It was about a mouse that had to walk a very long distance and he had to get new boots, and new shoes, and new socks, and finally, new feet! I loved that story! The other was called Hope for the Flowers. I was really into those fuzzy yellow and black caterpillars when I was a kid, and the illustrations in this book were so great!

Who do you want to meet in person?
The Easter Bunny!

What did you want to be as a child?
I wanted to be a mom, a veterinarian, a fire fighter, a fashion designer, a private investigator, a majorette, a fisherman, an archeologist, a zoo keeper, an actress, and a traffic cop, but mostly I wanted to be a princess!

What did you dream about last night?
I haven't been dreaming lately. I wake up tired every morning and I think it's because I'm just not hitting those quality REM moments. This also explains my general malaise. I've got to make a super powered sun blocking curtain for my bedroom! I miss my crazy dreams with celebrity guest stars!

Which do you prefer, day or night?
I like both for different reasons. It really depends on my mood. If I'm feeling productive, it's usually during the day when the light is good... I'm no good making things in my grandma lighting situation, although that happens from time to time and it's not all that bad. The night has another feeling all together, it's time for the night moves... or sleeping, whatevs. It depends.


What's your favourite piece of clothing in your closet?
This is another hard question! I have so much stuff you guys! I really don't know!!! I have a few things that I keep around but rarely wear because I'm afraid of ruining them: one is my mum's old 1960s pig-skin jacket with possum fur trim (it sounds disgusting, but it's so nice!), one of the others is my grandma's old cocktail dress from the 1940s, and the other favourite is my 2002 Miu Miu red patent boots (I visited them in the store twice a week for four months before I bought them)! If I wore them all together I would look like a cheap hooker, but separately they are pretty special.

What would you like to get your hands on right now?
One of these little guys!

What is your must have of the moment?
Bobby pins for keeping my hair out of my eyes!

What's your favourite tea flavour?
I generally only like teas of the black variety. I like a good ceylon in the morning, and earl grey in the afternoon or evening. Sometimes I'll mix in a little raspberry infused white tea with my earl grey, but I do like vanilla tea, and almond tea, and some sencha is really nice and chai! I love tea... and coffee. If it's caffeinated, generally I like it.

If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go?
London, with my sister (because she really wants to go on vay cay with me right now), to visit Alice and to work on my accent (which according to Alice sounds crazy and too posh... which is exactly what I was going for).

What's your favourite quote (for now)?
Yesterday I passed a magazine stand, and I saw this issue of GQ and I just kept walking giggling to myself over the caption: "Don't mess with Christian Bale. He has moods and he will crush you!" I can relate Christian! We're so alike, you and I. We should hang out.
Just so you know, this favourite quote will likely change by the end of the day. I just have a crush on Mr. Bale.

One question has been removed and this is what I'm replacing it with:

Do you have any secrets for unblocking a creative block?
So I've been in a slump lately, and last night I found my long lost mini sketchbook and flipped trough it. (Does anyone else have trouble deciphering old notes that you've penned yourself?) I found some great ideas that were jotted down and forgotten... and some cryptic notes to go along with them! I'm a weird girl... but I've got that spark back! I'm going to tackle a few ideas today!
I also find that looking through books or watching movies sometimes helps get the creativity going... watching episodes of 30 Rock on repeat does not, although it does turn me into a witty, sarcastic asshole.

Now I've got to tag eight bloggers! EIGHT people, it's the rules!
You're it:
Teagan, Megan, Ambika, Andrea, Francesca, Sunshine, Pony, and Dawn