Friday, December 5, 2008

dress you up in my love

I've added a few new items to the shop!


The first is a lovely little cocktail hat made from a high quality virgin wool flannel with a vintage doily and a whole lot of hand stitching! When I think of doilies, I think of two things: tea parties and Anabela! So I called this hat tea for two! I'd love to actually have a tea party with Anabela, but we live far away from eachother, so it will remain a dream for now. Incidentally, Anabela has the most amazing made to order cape in her etsy shop that would go smashingly well with this little hat! Everything this girl makes and her boy draws are so perfectly delicate! Their shop makes me swoon!





The second item is the black forest capelet! I was going to go full out victorian goth with this one, but I realized that it was so much more than that! It's kind of gothic fairytale styling to the hilt! The cotton trim and Victorian reproduction floral print cotton lining with just a splash of red just puts it over the edge! I actually feel like a walking Amy Earles illustration in it!




In case you're wondering:
both dresses were made by me
the Battenburg lace collar cameo and shoes from the "tea for two" were all thrifted
the fur hat was thrifted
the boots are fluevog samples