Friday, October 24, 2008

nevermore


Sometimes I know I come off looking a bit too cutesy, and that's why I like to balance the cute with the macabre! All the best fairy tales have an element of the sinister to play against the fantasy. It's that darkness and light that makes things interesting! I was feeling very Marc Ryden as I was dressing this morning. I played it up with a little "acting" for wardrobe remix.




I just received this amazing hunting relic from ladylavona at etsy, and I've been wearing it non stop! Shane thinks I'm a creepy witch, but I just like dead things. I can't help it. I was born in North Western Ontario. AND YES I know it's really not politically correct, and it's kind of confusing because I was a vegetarian for most of my adult life and I cry watching PETA videos (which I won't link to because I don't want to make you cry too), but I am an enigma.



I have to give partial credit to Anja at Clever Nettle because reading this post about the perfect grey dress totally inspired me to wear mine today!