Thursday, October 9, 2008

falling for fall


I woke up early put on my best autumn sweater (reconstructed by me!), and walked on down through China town to pick up some Halloween costume supplies and a few things for the shop this morning. It was such a perfect autumn day! The air was crisp and cool and the sky was the perfect overcast grey with just the faintest hint of sunlight peeking through. It was the kind of light that makes everything just look that little bit more dramatic. I was falling in love with all the architectural details; peeking out from scaffolding and plastic tarps, mind you, but they were there and they were magnificent. I have such a love/hate relationship with this city, but today was pure romance! I was on such a high that I spent waaaaaay too much money and I don't even care!