Thursday, June 19, 2008

Honest To Blog

Thank you Diablo Cody for such a profound statement. Who knew that a movie about teen pregnancy could be so influential and gosh-darn charming?

This is my flashback blog entry. I'm feeling uninspired and nostalgic; and its very early in the morning. I also gave myself a haircut. I'm waiting for it to grow out.


Blogs are funny little things. They evolve and change with the seasons, seemingly taking on lives of their own, recording frivolous little details of life. Its still a little strange to me to think that there is this alternate life that happens on the internet. Its like the myspace phenomenon. Everyone would create their own little "celebrity tv" page, all suped up with music and colours to show their fans who they "really" are. I mean, its you; only better. Only the most flattering photos and you can change the music daily to reflect how you were feeling. You create a persona in a way. Facebook has completely destroyed the "myth" with all their horrible unflattering drunk photos being posted by your so called friends. Its just awful! People are totally ruining my rep! This blog is all I have left.

When I started this blog a little over a year ago, it was meant to be another creative outlet for me. A place where I could tell stories. I was more interested in writing back then... I guess. I told the story of Wencil and Penelope (my fictional children), and their friend Mandana Bandana, and countless tales of love and loss and pancakes and redbull... ahhhh the glory days of blogging! I was so entertaining back then!

And then I opened my etsy shop which I thought would force me to be more creative, but in reality it sent me on an internet buying frenzy! I started posting about all things I wanted to buy and all the things that I had bought. Someone described my blog as a "shopping blog" and I was offended for a moment... until I realised it was true! I like to think of myself as having more substance than just being a shopaholic, although I am VERY interested in spending money that I don't have. I'm in debt up to my eyeballs and things around here may be a changin'. Less shopping and more substance. I will become a better person, rediscover my creativity, and you will reap the benefits!

I don't know what I'm saying... its six in the morning and I'm awake for some reason, writing in my blog. The world is a very strange place indeed.