Friday, December 11, 2009

mercury lounge


During my lurkings a few weeks back, I came across this photo of a bathroom in Apartamento magazine on Neon Relish's tumblr and I haven't been able to get it out of my head since! I'm obsessed! I don't think I've ever been as drawn to a room image as much as I have with this one. It just speaks to me.

For some reason, I'm literally jazzing up every room in my house. If it has some sort of vague nod to the jazz age and it sparkles, then I want it! Maybe it's because its nearly Christmas and there is a vast array of mercury glass available.

Yeah. That's probably it, actually. See?


I bought these little guys in hearts for the bathroom and stars for the bedroom. I think they'll make sweet little clusters hung from silky ribbons.

I went on a mad internet search for beaded curtains and found the mother load! I've had the same grass print shower curtain for seven years. I still love it, but I'm thinking of replacing it with a frosted liner and a beaded curtain!


I dug out my old medicine cabinets to use for displaying plants and candles. Remember when hospital-chic was de rigueur? I want to bring it back, but with more of a dirty/creepy victorian vibe.

I'm going to add even more plants to the collection. I'd love to instal some narrow glass shelves in the window to house a wee conservatory of plant specimens, but I'm not sure that'd be kosher with the building manager, so I'll just have to make due with these little medical crosses for now. I'm going to start buying up every old, dirty bit of mirror and mercury glass thingamabob that I can find to fill out the space.

Just what I need. Another collection!

ps- thanks for being super sweet and encouraging guys.