Wednesday, August 26, 2009

the smell of cinders and rain


I missed a day... make that two days of vacation posts because I had to go see the magnificent Bat for Lashes last night! This show totally blew me away. The showmanship was incredible! Natasha and her band are fantastic! I was particularly smitten with her lady drummer who was beating the crap out of those kettle drums and singing sweetly simultaneously!

It was a weird vibe in the audience though... the venue (~ironically that's also the name of the venue~) was packed and there were some fan issues. People were actually arguing over who was a bigger fan. It was kind of ridiculous. I just wanted to watch the show. I didn't need the bad vibes from the corner.

Anyhow, I just don't have time to post another vacation photo tonight. Regularly scheduled programming will ensue tomorrow... or the next day... only time will tell.