Tuesday, April 8, 2008

memento mori

I feel like I should apologize to the 3 or 4 people who read my blog... sorry.
These have been a tough couple of weeks around here.

Shane's dad passed away while he was vacationing abroad, which means a lot of unsaid goodbyes and unfinished feelings. Shane's doing okay most of the time, but, you know, its still hard. He is my other. Its pretty upsetting.

On the up side; there were some good family times as everyone was in the same place at the same time for the first time in at least a year, and we're trying to be creative in our spare time. Sometimes you just need to be reminded of life to start doing what you love again. I know that both Shane and I had fallen into a bit of an uncreative rut lately (which for us usually means a few days... we're pretty good at keeping busy), so that's another positive. Shane's writing songs left, right and center, and I am painting and paying some attention to my recently neglected etsy shop. There are some new earrings posted as of this morning, including these, pictured below.


I'm going to try to be a better blogger from now on.