Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Ahoy!

I've added these lovely seahorse brooches to my Etsy shop.



Well folks, its been a while hasn't it? I haven't felt much like blogging lately, but I have been trying to keep busy. I have been hatching some plans for new items in the store and brainstorming new themes to explore.

We've been dealing with some unsavory studio conditions for a few weeks now... and I don't know when the work will be finished. Its exasperating. There was a leak in our ceiling and behind one wall which resulted in a gaping hole expelling the foul odor of 100 year old wet plaster. Not very conducive to creativity for either of us. I don't know why its taking so long to get it all sorted, but that's what you get for renting I suppose. And so my work table is buried under all the gear cleared from one side of the room which makes it eternally difficult to get much work done. I've been taking the portable stuff into the livingroom, but I was really looking forward to sewing with my new dressmaker's mannequin which was acquired thanks to a friend at Christmas. (I know, right? Christmas!!!???) Diana is still in the box.

I'm not working right now, and this was supposed to be my time to create and really try to make a go of being self sufficient with my art/craft/fashion/etc. But so far...

I've been bummed.