Monday, January 14, 2008

2008



I feel like I'm a bit behind doing my 2008 new year entry on the 14th of January... but that's just how I roll. Late.

January has always been the most depressing month, in my opinion. You pack up all the sparkle and sugar of Christmas and you're left with this blah void. January is like a water popsicle. Bland and flavourless. I've never been one for reflecting on the last year's events and vowing to quickly make improvements in the next; so January has never really inspired false hope and failed resolutions for me either, which I think is a good thing. That said, however, I did make some decisions recently about my future.

In December last year I made some changes. I quit my job and spent a month with my family. I've finally solved that rubic's cube Teagan! There's nothing like a little stress-free rest and relaxation while Mum waits on you hand and foot! I'm trying to change my way of thinking about what I'm capable of achieving. I've always been a bit self deprecating about my talents and I've decided that this needs to change. It's getting easier for me to accept compliments without the addition of sarcastic comments, and I finally believe that I might be able to succeed. Other people believed in my talent long ago... now it's my turn to see it. Little by little, I'm going to make it after all! Move over Mary Tyler Moore, there's a new sister doin' it for herself!